MILDURA again has zero confirmed active COVID-19 cases after the case listed on Sunday was removed by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) on Monday.
It takes Mildura's total number of cases back down to five, the figure it had been sitting on for well over a month.
In a statement, a DHHS spokesperson said changes in numbers can happen for different reasons.
"Data is continually analysed and clarified, so published numbers are always subject to change," the spokesperson said.
"These changes in numbers can be for many reasons, including duplications and wrong postcodes recorded.
"It is worth noting that the data also reflects the residential address the person nominates, however it is not necessarily where they were infected or where the case currently resides."
The National Incident Centre also confirmed on Monday that Mildura had no active cases of the coronavirus disease COVID-19, Member for Mallee Anne Webster said.
Dr Webster informed residents through her Facebook page about the update.
She said in the post that the COVID-19 case reported over the weekend was no longer classified as being located in Mildura.
Sunraysia Daily reached out on Monday morning to the DHHS in an attempt to identify whether the case was from someone returning from overseas.
The DHHS responded just after 3pm on Monday saying they would not be able to meet our deadline.
Shortly after, Dr Webster posted about the case on her Facebook page.
The news came as the total number of COVID-19 cases in Victoria reached 1,567 on Monday, a net increase of six since Sunday.
There were no new deaths reported. To date, 18 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
There are eight new cases since Sunday – however two cases were removed from the overall total due to reclassification.
People with common symptoms of coronavirus including fever, chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell are encouraged to get tested.