Fire serves as timely reminder during heat

CFA work to control a fire at the back of a business off Almond Avenue in Mildura yesterday morning. Picture: Louise Barker

CFA work to control a fire at the back of a business off Almond Avenue in Mildura yesterday morning. Picture: Louise Barker

A SPARK caused a fire to breakout at the Mildura Bottle Exchange yesterday, with the incident a timely reminder for residents to familiarise themselves with fire danger period restrictions, according to the Country Fire Authority (CFA). 

Three appliances from Mildura Fire Brigade, and another from Irymple, were called to the Almond Avenue business about 9am following reports that piles of boxes had caught alight.

Mildura Fire Brigade station officer Shane Bailey said due to the location of the fire in the back section of the bottle exchange, finding water presented a few issues. 

For more of this story, purchase your copy of Friday's Sunraysia Daily 07/12/2018. To subscribe to our Digital Edition Click here

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop