Anger at Mildura South abattoir, council to probe permit conditions

Concerned resident Julie Waters says the abattoir may have begun operating without meeting its permit conditions. Picture: Carmel Zaccone

Concerned resident Julie Waters says the abattoir may have begun operating without meeting its permit conditions. Picture: Carmel Zaccone

A PLANNING consultant representing concerned residents near the Mildura South abattoir site has called on Mildura Council to shut it down amid claims it is operating without meeting several planning permit conditions.

Roy Costa yesterday said Mildura Council had advised him they were taking action against abattoir operator Meatco after it re-started operations earlier this week.

“The residents have seen the trucks delivering stock to the site and council is fully aware that they are operating,” Mr Costa said. 

For more of this story, purchase your copy of Saturday's Sunraysia Daily 18/08/2018. To subscribe to our Digital Edition Click here

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop