A MERBEIN family whose house was destroyed by fire this week has been dealt another blow.
The charred remains of the Liddicoat’s Commercial Street home was ransacked by thieves the morning after Tuesday’s fire.
Ashley Liddicoat and his family lost most of their belongings in the fire, which was believed to have started in a dryer or washing machine.
The Liddicoats have been living in temporary accommodation since the blaze and were shocked to discover thieves had helped themselves to their remaining possessions when they returned on Wednesday morning.
For more of this story, purchase your copy of Saturday's Sunraysia Daily 21/04/2018.To subscribe to our Digital Edition Click here